A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Okay Smarty, Go to a Party

Somehow over the last two days I have gone from having exactly zero New Year's plans to being invited to three separate shindigs. This would normally be a banner thing, but the fact is I'm way too stressed to even think about NYE, and planning the logistics of going to three places not exactly close to one another is a big ole' pain. Right now it's looking like Shaw-U St-Dupont (okay, they aren't that far from one another). Of course, I only really know people at the host at the first; the other two are more like crashing. Maybe I'll try to have a different accent at each, just for kicks.

In other news, I started cleaning out my drawers of assorted detritus in preparation for the big move. In one drawer I found a bag of really old mix tapes (like, summer of 94 old). It took me a while, but I finally did the smart thing and tossed the tapes. Sentimentality is one thing, but mix tapes that feature tracks from the first Daft Punk album and things I actually taped off the radio is another. Man, remember HFS's Ten O'Clock News? Those were the days.

Here's to 2006 starting off better than 2005 did.

(side bleg: any suggested corporate housing units in the Rosslyn area? I don't want to go too expensive, so I'm thinking the Residence Inn. Other thoughts?)