A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Sunday, November 13, 2005

He Got That Ambition Baby

This was one of the best weekends I have had in recent memory. No in depth recaps because I don't feel like it, but...

-- Chief Ike's Saturday night parties are awesome. Yeah, there's a cover, but the dancing is almost as good as the old Kingpin Saturday nights.

-- My mother can still cook Indian food well. But she needs pointers in everything else.

-- I ran into more old high school friends than ever this weekend. Kids, I come back to Perry Hall about once every few months. Why now, all of a sudden?

-- Waiting, drunkenly, for the 90/92/96 bus at 3 AM is a great time for a heart to heart. No, really.

This was a weekend of realizations. Paramount is the fact that I have 10 weekends left in the United States -- 9 now. Forgive the language, but holy effing ess. One step at a time, I suppose. If you are a friend who reads this blog but hasn't been in touch with me recently (and if you haven't received a reply from me via my gmail account, this includes you, I suck...), I implore you to leave a comment on this entry with your email addy. The truth is I've been a jerk about staying in touch with people, and I want to change that. The best way is to start fresh.

9 Saturdays to go....