A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Friday, October 21, 2005

That Stuff You Make Syrup From


Dean Acheson Auditorium
Originally uploaded by Kanishka.
So I'm now an official officer of the U.S. Foreign Service. It would be lying to say that I didn't well up a bit today. I have met some of the most impressive and interesting people ever in the past seven weeks, people that I know will be friends for life. Now we're scattered to the four winds, but we'll be close in heart forever.

If anyone from the 126th is reading, thank you. You have been some of the greatest people I've ever met. Some of you are coming out to Pak with me, while 89 of you are headed elsewhere -- but I know no matter what a bond has been forged that is forever.

Also, thanks to Danny at Notti Bianche. What a great lunch.

Anyway, peruse my flickr stream for additional swearing in pictures. You know you want to, at the very least to look at pics of my super cute parents. Reenee, I miss you so much. We toasted to you today; oddly, in future years, it will probably be me that you, Ma, and Baba toast to.

The great adventure that is life lays ahead.