A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Warm comma Fuzzy

I am blessed to have a network of interesting, cool, kind people in this city that somehow, despite constant changes, remains wonderful.

Thanks DC. Yup, it's a city of transients. It's also a city that knows this, where friendships are forged quickly and honestly, where people appreciate other's coolness right away. Some have said that DC is one of the more pretentious cities in the world, but I've found the opposite to be the case.

Of course, I have like zero friends who work for the government. No, wait, two friends that work for the government, a roommate that works for A government, and me, who's going to work for the man.

Still. This city has been good to me in ways I'm really starting to appreciate. I wish I had started to appreciate it earlier.

Food related side note: the lomo SALTado at Bar Pilar is just that. Salty.