A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

In the Sauce

Sorry about the late entry. Very very very busy day.

Finally had the chance to try the calimari at Indique. Had it with the samosa I raved about before. And I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. The calimari were cooked just right -- tender and chewy without tasting like giant bits of cephalopod-flavored chewing gum. But there was way too much in terms of sauce. The sauce was tasty -- tomatoes, shallots, garlic, cumin, mustard grains, chili powder, and turmeric with a nice consistency, but it the amount completely overwhelmed the calimari. I was a bit disappointed. That's most likely because I've heard so many good things about the dish. I think I'll go with something different -- perhaps a mini-dosa -- next time I'm there.

Also, resisted the urge to have a tamarind margarita. That was hard, but I'm trying to spend a little less. Why?

I'm signing the lease to a new place tomorrow evening.

*giant sigh of relief*

Thank all that is good with the world.