A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Funk of 40,000 Years

Had a strange feeling leaving home this morning that I was forgetting something important. Duh! I'd left all my nice weather music at home. My cubicle is full of dark, blah weather music (predominantly). The Marshall Mathers Album, Blue Lines, Kid A, Interpol, Mogwai. Where's my Blackalicious, my ridiculous techno? Back home. All I have right now in terms of spring tunes are Ludacris' first album and Thriller, and the former is definitely more of a drive home trunk thumper than a spring in the cubicle album. Looks like Thriller it is.

And after listening to it twice in the last hour, I cannot deny that this is certainly one of the best albums of the 1980s, with ease. Classic! I think I'll just hit play again...