A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Friday, March 11, 2005

There was a Time

Thought swirled around the concept of "perfect songs" and whether such a thing exists. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't. But I will say that Annie's "Heartbeat" never fails to make me feel good. This despite a subtle melancholy behind it, clearly a result of the sad circumstances in the artist's life.

A great song. A near perfect song.

I had leftovers last night, as planned. Tomorrow I'm venturing into the world of wine. Curious: what new varietals will I get to try? I know my red wines pretty well, but not as well as the true oenophile. Maybe I'll come across some amazing blends new to the US market. Maybe I'll have the greatest NZ Pinot Noir ever made. Maybe I'll just drink whatever is handed to me until I fall over.

Yeah, that's probably it.