A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Some Food Content

So the plan was to go out last night, somehow somewhere. I was tired but that wasn't going to stop me. Jump cut to 7 PM at home, returning from lunch and the market. Feeling like a recharge, I set my phone's alarm for 9 and decided to take a disco nap. Jump cut to midnight, when I wake in a start and realize !crap! I had slept through my alarm. Star wipe to 6:30 this morning, when I awake feeling 100%.

Who would have thought that a night staying in was the way to re-energize? Here I was thinking that personal energy levels were cyclical and when I hit rock bottom, the next level would be full energy. Turns out it's much more linear -- who knew?

Television at 6:30 AM on a Sunday morning is a very strange thing. Seriously, I had no idea some of the shows I watched even existed.

My mom actually asked me if I was coming home for Easter. Huh? Didn't realize we had heard the good news and given up our heathen ways. Though I can't really see my mom proclaim that "he is risen." She probably just wanted me to drive my sister back to college.

On to scrubbing the bathtub. Then a remarkably early brunch (I am craving smoked salmon) and a leisurely read through the paper.

Edited to add: Yes, I know I've done the epic sleep thing before. The remarkable thing about last night's nap-turned-super sleep is that I was sober.

Thought for the day: Any dungeon master worth his weight in geldings goes nowhere without his twenty-sided die.