A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Monday, March 21, 2005

Event Horizontal

Somewhere in the black hole that is my room is my ring, the silver one my dad bought for me in Thailand. I threw it on my bed Sunday afternoon and then crawled in bed withouth moving it, no doubt sending it somewhere outside of the space-time continuum. Can't find the thing anywhere. Ironic, because I was describing my attachment to it to a friend just Saturday night.

It feels totally weird not wearing this ring. I only take it off to shower, sleep, or go to the gym. And now I feel completely naked. There's a short-ish story about the ring's origins, but the fact of the matter is since my upanayam I've always worn a ring on that finger. Not having it? Sucks. I'm constantly feeling for it, and have debated putting a rubber band on the finger just to make the persistent "missing" feeling go away. Stupid not-quite-sober me and bad decision making.

In a completely unrelated note, my back is in serious amounts of pain. That's probably related to the ridiculous amount of walking I did this weekend and poor sleeping last night. That and the fact that the G. family all have serious back problems. Who am I to be different? Wanted to hit the gym tonight, but that is a bad idea given the state of me. Instead, I shall eat some dangerous drugs, whine about my back, and eventually cook some dinner (teriyaki pork chops, rice, broccoli). Fun night, I know. Stupid pain. When are they going to invent robotic bodies so we can get rid of these ugly sacks of mostly water? 10 bonus points if you get the reference -- no Google allowed, leave a comment.