A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Friday, January 07, 2005

Not Much Cooking News

Like I said earlier, my larder is empty. So tonight will be a traditional comfort food meal that all you Indians out there should know well, spaghetti and meatballs.

Well, okay, its not Indian comfort food. I'm not doing something stupidly creative like putting curry powder in my meatball mix (don't tempt me). But it's comfort food for me. Baked meatballs, no fancy schmancy ingredients. Sometimes simplicity is best.

BUT: The next few days will be endless culinary fun. Saturday night, Dukem. Sunday brunch, Tallula. Tuesday night, Ceiba. Thursday night, Vidalia. Hoorah for Restaurant Week. Little to no cooking will happen in this period of time, but full reports on all the restaurants will be provided.

There are other exciting things going on that I'm not at liberty to discuss, but I'm feeling pretty good. Well, as long as I get a good night's sleep. Gonna sit at home, drink some wine, and read The Preacher all night. And I'm hoping against hope that Rob isn't home. But we shall see.

If you're coming to Bluestate, good. If you're not, well, you better have a good excuse. It's free, come on people. (NB: To those who are under 21, I do not know if the back room party is 18+)