A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Friday, December 17, 2004

A Happy Hour

Last night at the (unfortunately named) Big Hunt was a good time. Got to meet a bunch of new people, got to see people I haven't seen in a while, and as is par for the course, saw some people I wasn't expecting to see. Pretty fun. Also, tucked into some of the Big Hunt's food, which was food at its most basic. It was sustenance--no real flair or panache, incredibly uninspiring. Which made me think of a good topic for a DCist post which will be written shortly.

Thanksgiving Weekend commented yesterday on how much he hated his job. Frankly, if I was in his position I'd feel the same way. I don't hate my job, but I sure as heck don't love it right now. Well, I take that back. My boss isn't here, her boss isn't here, and the big boss isn't here. So I'm taking off mad early to do some random stuff; days like today, I do actually love my job.

More later--I do have some things I need to accomplish today.