A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Green Earthquakes

I came in to this Xmas with 1 green sweater, while now I have four. In other news, I have a new coat, a bunch of other new shirts, two awesome new pairs of slacks, some books, some music, and so on and so forth. A good amount of new clothes, which is nice.

The earthquake in the Bay of Bengal, geologically, is astounding. 8.9--that is, I think, almost 100 times the earthquake during the 1989 World Series (is the Richter scale exponential with a base of 10? I think so). And I have a feeling part of the Andaman or Nicobar islands are completely gone. The big effect of this won't be the immediate dead, but the disease that will inevitably spread through contamination of the water supply in Sri Lanka and Madras. George W. says he'll pledge "all appropriate support" to the area. I wonder if he would be a able to find Sri Lanka on a map, or spell tsunami.

A side question: do I have any conservative readers? My best friend Chris is the one conservative I'm really close with, and even he hates George W. Bush (yes, he voted for Kerry). Anyone out there a secret righty?

Okay. Home grows tired. Looking forward to a relaxing evening with some Belgian brew before a painful day of work tomorrow.