A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Monday, December 13, 2004

Back On, More or Less

So the computer is back after the catastrophic failure of this morning. I think I've got most of the necessary bits installed: Firefox, MS Office, Flash, Quicktime, WinAmp, etc. etc. I'm still reeling from the loss of some of my more prized mp3's, but I'm working on building that rather large collection back up. I forgot how many rare bootlegs/mash ups/DJ mixes I had. Oh well. The machine is running faster than it was.

Had a very annoying conversation with a Comcast employee trying to get the net to work again. Now its back, but I have to use the ethernet port and not the USB. Of course, I figured this out myself--the Comcast guy insisted I had some sort of firewall, which I didn't. Weird.

Anyway, I'm going to clean the room, fold my laundry, and watch The Two Towers.

Ugh, I'm not feeling well. Ate a big dinner, maybe too big.