A Blog Mainly About Food

If by "mainly" you mean "sometimes"

Monday, November 29, 2004

Oh the Pain of Being Back

Back in the office, and decidedly not feeling it. Maybe the tryptophan hangover just took 4 days to hit me? Actually, its more likely that I'm just totally busted. The last two weeks have consisted of: a ridiculously early taxi ride to National Airport; 5 days of extremely stressful conferencing and late nights, with a big ole' airport delay thrown in for good measure; a day of recuperation that wasn't particularly restful; Thanksgiving with the family and all that driving; nights out with Mike (Fri.) and Brian (Sat.); and the complete inability to rise from bed yesterday. Now I'm at work, planning on doing things like timely reports while saddled with a backlog of correspondence that really needs to be tended to.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I'm completely sick of my job? That might be the grumpiness talking. But on the off-chance that corporate headhunters/anonymous benefactors/other interesting potential employers read this--I'm totally available and open to offers. Call me, okay? We'll do lunch.